EHF EURO 2026 and 2028 – list of potential host countries
EHF has announced countries which are interested to host EHF EURO events in 2026 and 2028.
The Men’s EHF EURO 2026 has seen the EHF receive letters of intent from six interested parties, including a joint intention from Belarus, Lithuania and Poland.
Men’s EHF EURO 2026 (15 January – 1 February)
Men’s EHF EURO 2028 (13-30 January)
Scandinavian interest in Women’s EHF EUROs
The upcoming Women’s EHF EURO 2020 in December will be hosted by Norway and Denmark.
And both countries have also sent a joint letter of interest to co-host the 2026 and 2028 events.
Neighbours Sweden have also put their names forward for both, while Russia have signalled their interest in hosting the 2026 edition.
Women’s EHF EURO 2026 (26 November – 13 December)
Women’s EHF EURO 2028 (30 November – 17 December)
As part of the process all interested federations are entitled to submit a single bid or become part of a joint bidding process.
Following this expression of interest, bid documents will be sent to all federations concerned. The next steps are as follows:
- Application forms and documents will be sent to interested federations by 1 November
- By 1 May 2021 applications must be provided to the EHF
- Evaluations of the bids will take place in May and June 2021
- In June 2021 the EHF EXEC will approve the applications
- Site inspections will take place between June and September 2021 with further evaluations taking place in September 2021
- The awarding on the EHF EUROs 2026 and 2028 will take place at an EHF Extraordinary Conference in November 2021 to coincide with the 30-year anniversary of the EHF.
Mandatory Credit © Jure Erzen / kolektiff
The post EHF EURO 2026 and 2028 – list of potential host countries appeared first on Handball Planet.